Thomas Graham Lecture
The Graham Lecture has been established to fill the gap between the McBain award for early career scientists and the Rideal Lecture, which is a “lifetime achievement” award. Typically, it will be awarded to those working in the UK who are in the prime of their research careers, have established an international reputation in colloid science, have already made distinguished contributions to the field of colloid science. Follow this link for a full history of the RSC/SCI joint colloid group medals and the names behind it.
Eligibility: Significant and sustained contributions to Colloid, Surface and Interface Science made while working in the UK. Completion of postgraduate study between 15 and 30 years prior to the time of the nomination.
Currently-serving members of the Joint Colloids Group Committee are not eligible for the award.
- Type: Mid-career.
- Frequency: biennial from 2017.
- Deadline for nominations: 1st March 2017 and biennially thereafter.
- Nominators: CSCG and CISG members.
- Contact: Awards Coordinator (see Contacts page).
- Further information can be found at this link.
- On-line nomination form can be found at this link.
|2011||Prof Colin Bain, University of Durham|
|2014||Prof Steven Armes, University of Sheffield|
|2017||Prof Joe Keddie, University of Surrey|
|2019||Prof Wilson Poon, University of Edinburgh|